Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Avocado Corn Salsa Recipe

I have fixed this recipe a few times and it has always been a hit. It's not your ordinary chips and salsa. I like to take it to parties, because it's not something that you usually see, so I don't have to worry about a duplicate dish. A very good friend shared this with me a couple of years ago and I thought I would pass it along to you.
 

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

  • 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
  • 2 (2.25 ounce) cans sliced ripe olives, drained
  • 1 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 5 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 4 avocados - peeled, pitted and diced

DIRECTIONS

  1. In a large bowl, mix corn, olives, red bell pepper and onion.
  2. In a small bowl, mix garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, cider vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour into the corn mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill in the refrigerator 8 hours, or overnight.
  3. Stir avocados into the mixture before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment